Parkway Youth Hockey's Food Drive
We are asking ALL SKATERS AND THEIR FAMILIES (no matter what level/team) who are able to bring a donation to Roche Arena and drop it in the community room.
Boxes will be available throughout the times of the House Programs from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Saturday the 11th and 12 noon to 2 p.m. on Sunday the 12th.
If you are thinking about options, here are a few you might not have considered (that we found on Facebook). As expected, non-perishables and non-expired foods are best:
1. Everyone donates Kraft Mac and Cheese in the box. They can rarely use it because it needs milk and butter which is hard to get from regular food banks. Get the Easy Mac's that only require water.
2. Boxed milk is a treasure, as kids need it for cereal, which they also get a lot of.
3. Everyone donates pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles.
4. They cannot eat all the awesome canned veggies and soup unless you put a can opener in too or buy pop tops.
5. Oil is a luxury but needed for Rice a-Roni which they also get a lot of.
6. Spices or salt and pepper would be a real Christmas gift.
7. Tea bags and coffee make them feel like you care.
8. Sugar and flour are treats.
9. They fawn over fresh produce donated by farmers and grocery stores.
10. Seeds are cool in Spring and Summer because growing can be easy for some.
11. They rarely get fresh meat.
12. Tuna and crackers make a good lunch.
13. Hamburger Helper goes nowhere without ground beef.
14. They get lots of peanut butter and jelly but usually not sandwich bread.
15. Butter or margarine is nice too.
16. Eggs are a real commodity.
17. Cake mix and frosting makes it possible to make a child’s birthday cake.
18. Dishwashing detergent is very expensive and is always appreciated.
19. Feminine hygiene products are appreciated.
20. Everyone loves Stove Top Stuffing.
Thank you all, in advance, for your support and donations to our Food Drive and we wish you all a wonderful holiday season.
Parkway Youth Hockey